About the Company
Cyzerg is a technology company specialized in the research, development, implementation, and management of technology solutions for the warehousing industry. With over 148+ active customers across North, Central, and South America, Cyzerg has developed industry expertise and capabilities to increase business efficiency and competitiveness across its customer base.
With headquarter in Miami, FL, and branches in the Philippines and India, the company credits its success to a relentless focus on its employees, customers and delivering excellence at all times. Anchor on a culture of meritocracy and on the pillars of opportunity, integrity, innovation, humanity, passion, teamwork & opportunity, Cyzerg’s culture & core values guide every aspect of the organization.
About the Job
The SQL Server DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of our SaaS Applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and sustainment of the SQL Server across different environments, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health, and performance), and supporting multiple development teams. You should be a team player and an excellent communicator. He/she must be professional, independent, creative, and must be confident.
- Able to configure, maintain, administer, and provide support to all the operational and transactional databases of the organization.
- Able to manage, maintain, develop, and implement policies and procedures to ensure the security and integrity of databases in all environments.
- Able to build, update and maintain all relational objects including tables, referential integrity, indexes, stored procedures, functions, and views with performance and scalability in mind.
- Collaborate in the implementation of data models and database designs with development team and assist them with query tuning and schema refinement.
- Monitor system’s health and performance.
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability, and security.
- Analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Responsible for enforcing correct data access and security profiles.
- Responsible for databases deployment across different environments. This involves generating scripts to update existing schemas, scripts to maintain the right data in all environments at any time, define and implement strategies to rollback changes in case is needed.
- Able to plan, monitor, and resolve database performance and capacity requirements.
- Able to plan, monitor, and execute database backup and disaster recovery strategy.
- Experience working with SQL Agent – Jobs, DMV Queries, free tools like sp_Blitz and sp_WhoisActive.
- Knowledge of Azure SQL Managed Instance.
- Good to Have – Able to design and implement standalone and cluster aware database solutions.
- At least fifty percent of the goals assigned at the beginning of every year must be completed by the end of the year.
- Must meet weekly, monthly, and annual deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of experience as a SQL Server DBA or similar role.
- 5+ years of experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization.
- 3+ years of experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- 3+ years of experience of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options for SQL Server.
- 3+ years of experience with Windows server, including Active Directory.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Paid medical insurance with COVID-19 coverage right from the first day!
- Get up to 32 days of paid time off, monthly short leaves, marriage leaves, and additional unpaid vacation leaves.
- Annual salary increases with a predictable percentage increase based on performance review.
- Annual year-end bonus and monthly bonuses based on performance.
- Able to work from home 1 day per week, every week.
- Earn as much as INR 20,000 from the employee referral program.
- Happy Hour every Friday – Free meal every Friday with an extra hour of break time to bond with the team and participate in games and activities.
- Annual team-building – Shift gears and explore adventures with the team out of the office!
- Career development plans – We want you to grow and become the best at what you love.
- Casual wear in the office – Express your fashion or stay comfy!
- Flat organization with an open door policy.
- Company paid certifications and trainings.