About the Company
Cyzerg is a technology company specialized in the research, development, implementation and management of technology solutions for the warehousing industry. With over 148+ active customers across North, Central and South America, Cyzerg has developed industry expertise and capabilities to increase business efficiency and competitiveness across its customer base.
With headquarter in Miami, FL and branches in the Philippines and India, the company credits its success to a relentless focus on its employees, customers and delivering excellence at all time. Anchor on a culture of meritocracy and on the pillars of opportunity, integrity, innovation, humanity, passion, teamwork & opportunity, Cyzerg’s culture & core values guide every aspect of the organization.
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager with 10+ years of hands on development experience. Under this role, he/she will be responsible for building and leading a fast-growing development team, defining and implementing processes and KPIs to track the performance and productivity of the team. The software development manager will be responsible for the timely delivery and quality of all the products developed by the software development team.
- Lead and mentor a team of software developers and QA testers to develop and implement high-quality software/systems.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers.
- Set clear expectations for team members and ensure they understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Mediate conflicts within the team and provide solutions.
- Create a work environment that encourages open and constructive feedback.
- Plan for the team’s growth and scalability as the organization expands.
- Project Management
- Estimate time frames, quality, and quantity of resources required to successfully implement projects.
- Monitor project progress, risks, and issues as they arise.
- Optimize resource allocation to meet project requirements.
- Develop strategies for managing larger teams and more complex projects.
- The ability to make tough decisions, often under pressure, is a key skill. You must be able to weigh options and make choices that benefit the team and the organization.
Performance and Metrics
- Put in place an efficient, productive, high-quality, transparent development process encompassing all aspects from source code control, integrated builds, automated unit testing and deployment, metrics measurement, etc.
- Define key performance indicators (KPI)for the team and monitor progress.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Quality Assurance
- Ensure that the team follows best practices for code quality, testing, and documentation.
- Oversee the implementation of coding standards and review process.
- Approve the final product before launch.
- Stay up to date with technology trends and industry best practices.
- Proactively identify architectural weaknesses and recommend solutions partners to create architecture that meets the short-term and long-term needs of the organization.
- Profile and investigate application performance issues, and coordinate optimization initiatives.
- Resolve technical challenges and provide guidance to team members.
- Ensure that the development team process adheres to security and compliance standards.
- Mitigate security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Ensure effective communication with the team.
- Facilitate communication between the development and quality assurance team and other departments, such as product management.
- Report progress and issues to upper management and stakeholders.
- Proficient in creating and maintaining technical documentation, including design documents, coding standards, and project documentation.
Hiring and Team Development
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring of software developers and quality assurance testers.
- Develop and implement training programs to enhance the team skills.
- Conduct regular performance reviews and set development goals for team members.
- Collaborate with product managers to determine functional and non-functional requirements of new applications.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and stakeholders to align development efforts with business goals.
- Address and prioritize feature requests and changes.
- 10+ years of experience building web application/cloud-based SaaS applications.
- 10+ years of experience with Web API/RESTFul Services and Microsoft SQL.
- Understanding of Agile and Rapid Application Development (RAD) methodologies.
- Knowledge of EXT JS and XSLT will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience developing web application development sufficient to support thousands of concurrent users.
- Experience architecting single and multi-tenant application applications.
- Experience with distributed applications load balanced across web and application server farms.
- Experience architecting and developing applications with cache.
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles.
- Sound problem solving, coding and debugging skills sufficient to quickly identify and analyze a problem, propose viable solutions and articulate why a solution is preferred.
- Good listening and organizational skills to gather requirements and assess impact. Good critical thinking skills to understand business needs.
- Paid medical insurance with COVID-19 coverage right from the first day!
- Get up to 32 days of paid time off, monthly short leaves, marriage leaves, and additional unpaid vacation leaves.
- Annual salary increases with a predictable percentage increase based on performance review.
- Annual year-end bonus and monthly bonuses based on performance.
- Able to work from home 1 day per week, every week.
- Earn as much as INR 20,000 from the employee referral program.
- Happy Hour every Friday – Free meal every Friday with an extra hour of break time to bond with the team and participate in games and activities.
- Annual team-building – Shift gears and explore adventures with the team out of the office!
- Career development plans – We want you to grow and become the best at what you love.
- Casual wear in the office – Express your fashion or stay comfy!
- Flat organization with an open door policy.
- Company paid certifications and trainings.